Since I haven't found fabrics for my next cosplay just yet, I decided to do another (non-sponsored) circle lens review!
I actually really needed to open this pair of lenses since I'm going to need them in March and I thought that it would be a good idea to wear them a couple of times before that so my eyes would get used to them.
These lenses are EOS New Adult Red. I ordered them from PinkyParadise a while ago (and also got another pair for free because of a Christmas campaign - I will definitely review that pair in the future too!).
All pictures in this post © me.
|The vials of the lenses.|
|The lenses in their vials.|
Base curve: 8,6 mm
Diameter: 14 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year
According to the measures these lenses are smaller than the pairs of circle lenses I've used in the past. I noticed it when I inserted these into my eyes - it was so much easier than usually! My eyes aren't that big, that's why inserting lenses is sometimes quite difficult task to do.
I felt these in my eyes a couple of minutes after inserting these but I have to say that my eyes were, once again, quite dry so it might have something to do with that. Nothing out of ordinary, I could say.
After opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) makes at least my eyes water and hurt. I don't know if it does the same to your eyes or not but I definitely don't recommend testing it.
|One lens in to show you the enlargement.|
I could say that these are not very enlarging. Yes, my other eye looks a bit bigger than another but not very much. These are definitely the smallest circle lenses that I've ever worn.
When I wore these I sometimes managed to forget that I have lenses in my eyes - these are very comfortable to wear (I guess that is one of the reasons why these are so popular). Every now and then I felt a small scratch but those feelings lasted a few seconds and then passed. I was able to drive a car with these which means that these didn't blur my vision either. Except indoors - the blur wasn't too bad but wearing these outside was a bit more comfortable.
I like the design very much. Those white dots (which you can see in the "lenses in their vials" pic) seemed to disappear when I put these into my eyes - in other words I think that those dots are supposed to help the color of the lens to blend with the natural eye color (which in my case means a mixture of gray, green and blue - in other words my eyes are light-colored).
The dark limbal ring could've been thicker though, in my opinion it's a little bit too thin.
The color is super awesome. At first, when I saw these in their vials, I thought that these would be more pink than red but it was a positive surprise to notice that I was wrong. However, I was able to spot only one shade of red and I think that the color could've been even more vibrant if there was some other shade too. The white dots help with the color blending and make the color a bit more lively - luckily, because otherwise my eyes would have looked like I tried to edit my eye color with Paint...
But now, the pictures.
These were taken in January with semi-cloudy sky.
The pictures aren't edited in any way.
The pictures aren't edited in any way.
|Indoors, with a flash.|
|Under the fluorescent lamp.|
|Indoors, natural light (looking out of the window).|
|Outdoors, facing the sun.|
|Outdoors, back against the sun.|
|A distance pic.|
- The color, in my opinion, is 9/10. These would've been a bit more vibrant if there were some other shades of red too.
- I would rate the design 9/10 too. Sometimes simple is beautiful. The dark limbal ring could've been thicker though - it would've given that nice "anime eyes" effect to these too. Very beautiful lenses anyway. <3
- The opacity is 7/10 - damn it, these are clearly red! The color doesn't blend with my natural eye color too well though; you can clearly see that grey color in the middle and that's my own eye color. I think that these might work better with darker eye color..?
- The comfort is 9/10. The scratchy feeling is there in the beginning but disappears quite soon after inserting the lenses into the eyes. I think that I would be able to wear these at least five to six hours without problems!
- The naturalness is 1/10. I have never seen anyone who has red eyes by nature.
- The enlargement is 4/10 - these aren't very enlarging.
And there it is!
Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on social media or send me an email!