perjantai 20. tammikuuta 2017

Circle lens review: EOS New Adult Red

Hello~!

Since I haven't found fabrics for my next cosplay just yet, I decided to do another (non-sponsored) circle lens review! 
I actually really needed to open this pair of lenses since I'm going to need them in March and I thought that it would be a good idea to wear them a couple of times before that so my eyes would get used to them. 

These lenses are EOS New Adult Red. I ordered them from PinkyParadise a while ago (and also got another pair for free because of a Christmas campaign - I will definitely review that pair in the future too!). 

All pictures in this post © me.

The vials of the lenses.

The lenses in their vials.
 Base curve: 8,6 mm
Diameter: 14 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year

According to the measures these lenses are smaller than the pairs of circle lenses I've used in the past. I noticed it when I inserted these into my eyes - it was so much easier than usually! My eyes aren't that big, that's why inserting lenses is sometimes quite difficult task to do. 
I felt these in my eyes a couple of minutes after inserting these but I have to say that my eyes were, once again, quite dry so it might have something to do with that. Nothing out of ordinary, I could say. 
After opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) makes at least my eyes water and hurt. I don't know if it does the same to your eyes or not but I definitely don't recommend testing it.

One lens in to show you the enlargement.
I could say that these are not very enlarging. Yes, my other eye looks a bit bigger than another but not very much. These are definitely the smallest circle lenses that I've ever worn. 

When I wore these I sometimes managed to forget that I have lenses in my eyes - these are very comfortable to wear (I guess that is one of the reasons why these are so popular). Every now and then I felt a small scratch but those feelings lasted a few seconds and then passed. I was able to drive a car with these which means that these didn't blur my vision either. Except indoors - the blur wasn't too bad but wearing these outside was a bit more comfortable. 

I like the design very much. Those white dots (which you can see in the "lenses in their vials" pic) seemed to disappear when I put these into my eyes - in other words I think that those dots are supposed to help the color of the lens to blend with the natural eye color (which in my case means a mixture of gray, green and blue - in other words my eyes are light-colored). 
The dark limbal ring could've been thicker though, in my opinion it's a little bit too thin. 

The color is super awesome. At first, when I saw these in their vials, I thought that these would be more pink than red but it was a positive surprise to notice that I was wrong. However, I was able to spot only one shade of red and I think that the color could've been even more vibrant if there was some other shade too. The white dots help with the color blending and make the color a bit more lively - luckily, because otherwise my eyes would have looked like I tried to edit my eye color with Paint... 

But now, the pictures.

These were taken in January with semi-cloudy sky.
The pictures aren't edited in any way.

Yellow light.

Indoors, with a flash.

Under the fluorescent lamp.

Bathroom light.

Indoors, natural light (looking out of the window).

Outdoors, facing the sun.

Outdoors, back against the sun.

A distance pic.
And yes, there just might be a hint of a cosplay I'll make in the near future...


  • The color, in my opinion, is 9/10. These would've been a bit more vibrant if there were some other shades of red too. 
  • I would rate the design 9/10 too. Sometimes simple is beautiful. The dark limbal ring could've been thicker though - it would've given that nice "anime eyes" effect to these too. Very beautiful lenses anyway. <3 
  • The opacity is 7/10 - damn it, these are clearly red! The color doesn't blend with my natural eye color too well though; you can clearly see that grey color in the middle and that's my own eye color. I think that these might work better with darker eye color..? 
  • The comfort is 9/10. The scratchy feeling is there in the beginning but disappears quite soon after inserting the lenses into the eyes. I think that I would be able to wear these at least five to six hours without problems! 
  • The naturalness is 1/10. I have never seen anyone who has red eyes by nature. 
  • The enlargement is 4/10 - these aren't very enlarging. 

And there it is!
Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on social media or send me an email! 

-Firith

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti