torstai 11. heinäkuuta 2019

Female cosplays I'm likely to make in the future ( + some costumes I will re-make)!

Hello~!

I've been infected with the cosplay hype once again and this time decided to post a list of female characters I'm likely to cosplay in the future. As many of you know I've cosplayed mostly men because of some gender identity issues. Now I've managed to make myself clear who I am and now there's a place for female characters on my cosplay list too~!
(And, well, one of the simplest reasons is that I rarely find a female character I actually like so much that I'd like to cosplay her.)

But, let's go~! All pictures are from Google.

Belle French from Once Upon a Time

The first character on this list is Belle French/Gold from Once Upon a Time. My friend told me that she had begun to watch this series and suggested that I'd watch it too. At first I was quite skeptic - would I actually like a TV series based on childhood bedtime stories?
...well, I was skeptic for nothing. I fell in love with OUAT and especially with Belle who is also one of my favourite Disney princesses ever. A girl who likes books, is smart (smarter than me but anyway) and ambitious - who wouldn't like a character like that? In OUAT her character is a bit more naive but I let it pass, she's still wonderful. And my friend might have said that she'd like to cosplay Rumplestiltskin so... Yeah. :D


Rachel Amber from Life is Strange: Before the Storm
I've played over 50 % of LiS: Before the Storm now and I've begun to like Rachel even more. I've spoken about her earlier so I don't know if there's nothing more to say about her, just wanted to say that she's still on my cosplay list.


Zelena from Once Upon a Time
Khm. Yeah. The Wizard of Oz was one of my favourite stories when I was a child yet I could never bring myself actually like the main character, Dorothy Gale. Yes, she's totally a hero of the story but I've always liked the villains more and this was no exception.

Let me present you the wicked witch of the West: Zelena. She was one of my favourite characters the instant I saw her on my TV screen - who wouldn't like a jealous wicked witch who still has some values and right priorities? As you can see it may take me some time to make this costume - the greatest reason being the money.


Kanata Shinonome from AKB0048
Kanata has been on my cosplay list for ages but I haven't managed to bring myself to make her costume and I doubt that I'll make it in a long time. But yes, I'm definitely making this yellow costume of hers! Kanata's personality is kinda likable - yet she can be very difficult person if she wants to/the situation requires it.
I'm not likely to make any other of her costumes since, well, I don't like their designs that much. Too cute for me. :'D

Chikane Himemiya from Kannazuki no Miko
Yes, she's still hanging there. I just need to figure out some things with this costume. And probably re-make the parts I've already made but we'll see about that. She's still a dear character to me and I'll definitely cosplay her in the future.
When I started making her back in 201...5 (I guess) I made some parts horribly wrong. They still looked good on me but trust me, if I even try to wear it the way it is now it'll be quite painful. So yeah, this will take some time. Still.


Joyce Price from Life is Strange
Life is Strange is kind of familiar to pretty much everyone nowadays - or at least its name is. Many cosplayers have cosplayed the main characters - Chloe Price, Max Caulfield, Rachel Amber - but there's one character who deserves a lot more love than she's getting right now. And that character is Joyce Price, Chloe's mother.
I love her personality so much - even though she appears to be very stern she has a heart of gold. She's always caring about Chloe and always thinks what would be best for her even though she sometimes fails - but hey, everybody fails at life sometimes. Anyway I just love her personality and that's why she found her way on my cosplay list. Her diner uniform might not be the most pretty costume but at least it'll be quite easy to make and comfortable to wear (I'll be skipping the high heels because I cause dangerous situations whenever I try to wear those devils).
...the real challenge with this character is how I'll make myself look like a middle-aged woman. Then again, when I was 14 some people thought I was 20 and when I was 19 some people thought I was 28. So... Maybe I can make myself pass as a middle-aged mother character.



Anne von Blyssen from Star Stable Online
Yeah, I know. I just cursed Alex's riding pants to Hell and back and with this costume I'm going to enter that Hell once again.
But yes, this is Anne von Blyssen's new design. I must admit that at first I was... Well, let's just say, I wasn't very pleased with it but when they actually brought Anne into SSO I was surprised how good her new design looks in the game itself. Plus someone might have asked me to make this costume - and I totally will since I like challenges! This one will be challenging, both the costume and the make-up; I still haven't figured out how to make those Pandoric scars. Well, I have time to figure it out. I have no idea when I'll make Anne but probably quite soon - I think I might have just the right fabric for her riding pants already.


Elizabeth Sunbeam from Star Stable Online
Yes, I have SSO hype going on right now, don't judge me :'D
I've always liked Elizabeth's personality and when it was revealed that she was "The Sun of Pandoria" in the last sisterhood I fell in love with her character even more. The costume itself looks simple. LOOKS. I know I'm going to lose the last of my sanity with this but... Well, it's going to be worth it. :'D


Alex Cloudmill's ancestress from Starshine Legacy: The Secret of Pine Hill Mansion
Thanks Merezone for letting me take a screenshot! <3
You see, there aren't many pictures of this costume going around and at first I thought that I wouldn't even publish this plan just yet. Then I got a permission to take screenshot and well, here we are :D But yes, Alex's ancestress has been on my cosplay list for the longest of times and I'm definitely making this in the future! Also makes me very determined to lose weight.

There are also some 'maybe' characters so I won't add them on my list just yet. Let's see what I decide to do.


Then the costumes I'm going to re-make. Note: some of the characters are male.

Ayame Sohma from Fruits Basket
Yup, my "trademark cosplay".
I threw the original one away since it was about to break in pieces and was beyond repairable. It actually kind of stung to throw that costume away but hey, that only means that I can make it again even better!
I'm probably going to re-make the blue coat version since I still can't bring myself to like the red coat version. Aaaand I should order a new wig for him. The old one... Let's just say I should throw it into the rubbish bin too.  But yes, I'm definitely going to re-make this costume!


Alex Cloudmill from Starshine Legacy
Yeah, I know, I know. I just made her new design version but I still feel the urge to make her Starshine Legacy version too. Reason one: I was never too happy with the first version of my cosplay. Reason two: her new design version is comfortable to wear but it's probably only for winter conventions since it's very warm costume too.
I'll re-make the pants and the shirts. I still have that beanie (and I'm still proud of it!) and I managed to find the shoes I made for her back in the days. Still kind of happy with them too.


Avalon from Star Stable Online
This costume isn't very old yet I still have the urge to re-make it already. The main reason is that I was never happy with the materials I used for his costume because I just KNOW that it could look so much better!
This time I'll add the last details too since I've finally managed to figure out what they're supposed to be - or at least I think so. The details on his sleeves are still causing me some headache but I think that they're supposed to represent Aideen's harp. So yeah, I'm going to bring the druid boy back at some point probably when I have money since wool isn't actually the cheapest material you know.


Luka Megurine, version Magnet
I threw this costume away years ago (or at least seems like it since I haven't seen it in ages). Back in the days I actually managed to make this costume quite well - especially considering that it was my first cosplay I made without any help or advice from anyone.
Even if I still had this costume I think that I'd re-make it though. There were minor mistakes in the costume so... Yeah. I guess I'll be even happier with it this time! I'm thinking about making this version of Luka next year. Any other Magnet cosplayers out there? Join me!

I'm also going to repair some parts of my Itachi Uchiha cosplay. It's mostly in good shape which makes me happy since that's one of the costumes I've wore a lot in the past.

So, that's all for now folks! I'm going to publish a circle lens review post in the near future so stay tuned! ;)

-Firith

3 kommenttia:

  1. Happy to hear you have the cosplay hype back again! ^^ Very excited to see you cosplay female characters too. You're gonna look great :) I hope we can make Chikane and Himeko happen some day xD

    If you need a Miku, I am here >D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! :) And I hope so too - and seriously think that we can make them happen... Someday xD But we'll make them happen >D

      Thanks, it would be lovely to make Luka/Miku pair cosplay with you! <3

      Poista
  2. Thank you! <3 And I definitely want to see your Kantai Collection cosplays - if it feels right you should definitely go for it :')

    Yeah, these characters aren't too known; for example Kanata is one of the main characters of AKB0048 but I've rarely seen anyone cosplaying her - probably because characters such as Nagisa, Yuko etc. are more popular (note, Kanata doesn't face hatred in the fandom but she isn't that popular either). I think you might enjoy watching Once Upon a Time but that requires Netflix. And yes, I'm totally gonna need that xD Luckily Anne's riding pants have a bit easier pattern, at least it looks like it.

    It exists for PS4 - and you're welcome to join me if you find a character you like :')

    VastaaPoista