torstai 25. heinäkuuta 2019

Circle lens review: EOS "ICE" Blue

Hello everyone!

Like I said in my last post I have a shitload of lenses to review - and this lovely pair is one of those lens pairs! Let me introduce you EOS "ICE" Blue.

Important note: I got these lenses from a friend who lost interest in wearing and reviewing circle lenses. These lenses had a wrong prescription for me and I think that these were close to their expiration date so thus I can not grade the comfort. However, I will say a few words about the comfort in general - pretty much my first impression of these. Remember: wearing lenses that are past their expiration date/broken/have the wrong prescription for you is a dangerous thing to do and it can damage your eyes for good so seriously, don't do it. I wore these lenses for half an hour and then threw them away so I had these on only for this review. Thank you. 

This circle lens review is non-sponsored.  

The lens vials.
The lenses in their vials.

Base curve: 8.8 mm/8.9 mm
Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year


Inserting these was quite easy. Yes, they tried to curl around my finger every now and then but not too much, and in the end it only took me a couple of minutes per lens to get them into my eyes. So, I would say that quite easy yet far from the easiest lenses to insert (for example my sharingan lenses were a lot easier to insert). 
After opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) irritates my eyes a lot. I have no idea if it does the same to you but I definitely don't recommend testing it. 

And now, excuse me for a blurry picture. There are a couple of really blurry pictures in this post; I took those with my selfie camera without a proper eyesight so please forgive me. Those pictures still give the idea how these look like in certain lights etc.

One lens in.
This is one of the blurry ones but I think that one can still see the enlargement - which, by the way, surprised me positively. In the end the diameter doesn't promise too much but these were a lot more enlarging than I thought! Probably not the most enlarging lenses I've had but definitely not the least enlarging ones. 

Like I said, I can't actually grade the comfort but a couple of words about it. Even though these were expired and had the wrong prescription for me these still felt surprisingly comfy. At first I was really able to feel these in my eyes but then the feeling practically flew of the window. And that's all I can say about these lenses, I seriously didn't want to wear these for too long. However, I will buy these lenses for myself next year and probably then I can do a little update about the comfort! 

I seriously love the design of these lenses. The blue part seriously reminds me about frost and icicles so I think that these are what the name promises them to be: icy blue. There are also darker and lighter shades of blue which makes these lenses pretty lively and vivid. Usually I prefer a thick dark limbal ring but for these lenses that would've been a design failure - and luckily the (black) limbal ring was pretty thin.
There are also some black spike-looking lines attached to the the limbal ring which kind of highlight all those shades of blue. Those black "spikes" reach towards the middle but they don't go too near to it. For some reason these lenses made me think about mermaids...

Then some pictures!
The blurry picture among all the better ones © yours truly, all those better ones © Gure (thank you so much gurl! <3).
These pictures were taken on a sunny day in July.


Bathroom light.

Indoors, with a flash.
Indoors, under the fluorescent lamp. Yellow light.

Indoors, white-ish light.

Natural light, glacing through the window so sorry for the blur ;__;

Outdoors, facing the burning bright sun. I'm sorry about the position of my eyes but no can do, my photographer was 10+ cm taller than me and had she taken this photo like it should've been taken, she would've blocked the sun xD

Outdoors, back against the sun.
From the distance.

  • The colour is 10/10. It's vivid and lively, and the most important thing is that it is actually icy blue as the name promises it to be.
     
  • The design is 10/10, too. I just fell in love with these ones and I'm definitely buying these for myself - probably for my Luka Megurine costume.
     
  • The opacity... I'm not too sure but I'd say 8,5/10. These don't let my own eye colour (blue/green/gray) get through them too much but I'd say that these still do that a little bit, escpecially in certain lights such as yellow light.
  • I can't grade the comfort for reasons explained in the beginning of this post.
  • The naturalness is 7/10. One can clearly see that I'm wearing circle lenses but the colour and the design make them look at least somewhat natural.
  • The enlargement is 7/10 too. These aren't the most enlarging lenses but definitely not the least enlarging ones either.
So, here it is, yet another circle lens review! These are going to be this blog's main content for a while since, well, I still have a lot of circle lenses waiting for their turn to be reviewed. :'D
Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on the social media or send me an email!
 
-Firith 

2 kommenttia:

  1. These are insanely pretty! *w* I remember drooling over these lenses for years, always being close to buying but then choosing something else at the last second. xD I will get these one day lmao! Thanks for the review~

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yes, these are so pretty! *w* I definitely recommend buying these lenses - well, I can't really say anything about the comfort just yet but as soon as I order these for myself and wear them I'll update a few words about the real comfort here! :)

      Design-wise these are definitely one of my favourite circle lenses by far. ^__^

      Poista