tiistai 16. heinäkuuta 2019

Circle lens review: Geo "Crazy" Red/Black Vampire CR04

Yo, dropping another circle lens review - this time Geo "Crazy" Red/Black Vampire CR04!

These lenses were ordered from Circle Lenses Europe , also know as Cirkellinser (Swedish website, basically the same as European one). My friend ordered these for a cosplay but in the end didn't end up wearing them at all so I bought them from her.
I didn't have any cosplays in mind when I bought these; pretty much just wanted to review them. To be honest I still don't have any cosplay in mind but maybe someone else has. 

This is a non-sponsored circle lens review. However, I have a discount code for Circle Lenses Europe. The code can be found under their ad picture on the right sidebar of my blog.   

All photos are taken by yours truly. I seriously apologize if the quality fails or something; I took most of these with my phone's selfie camera since it was easier than it would've been with my Canon since now I was actually able to see what kind of pictures I got. They looked good on my phone when I edited them but when I saw them on my computer screen (great resolution) some of them didn't look that good... But, well, I've had the same problem every time I've taken review pictures myself. 


One lens in its vial. I managed to slaughter the other vial before I remembered that I should take this photo too...

The lens vial.

Base curve: 8,6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water content: 40 %
Life span: 1 year

Inserting these was one hell of a task to do, not going to lie about it. Even though these lenses aren't that big they didn't want to get into my eyes; they curled around my finger and it took me 7-12 times to get these into my eyes. Even though I haven't wore circle lenses in over a year I don't think it was because of that. But, when I finally got these into my eyes I didn't feel them almost at all - but more of that later.
After opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) irritates my eyes a lot. I have no idea if it does the same to you but I definitely don't recommend testing it. 

One lens in.
As you can see these aren't the most enlarging lenses which can kinda be expected when looking at the measures. However, the enlargement effect is still there - I could probably recommend wearing these for an anime character whose eyes don't scream "moe" or for a western character, for example a vampire. 

The comfort of these lenses was okay. Almost all the time I saw a glimpse of red but that's probably the only "bad" thing - and I don't even know can it be considered as a bad thing since that only means that your natural eye color doesn't show up so much from the lens hole. These seemed to dry quite fast though; I don't know if my eyes were dry or something but normally even then lenses don't feel dry as fast as these ones did. They weren't expired yet either so I don't know why they felt dry so fast. I wore these for approximately 3 hours and then took these off but I could've wore them probably 2-3 more hours had I had time. So, the comfort is quite okay.

To be honest I'm not a sucker for crazy lenses and these didn't change my opinion of them too much either. However these looked better than most of the crazy lenses I've wore in the past and that's totally because of the design. As you can see, the red is quite "in your face" but well, that's the point of them. There are also small black stripes reaching towards the middle of the lens but sadly they seem to disappear a bit when wearing these lenses. However I like the thick black outer ring; some crazy lenses don't have it and the effect then... Well, you know the "Photoshop" effect. With these it doesn't happen. These lenses have kind of basic design which surely goes for certain characters quite well - we need "the basic design lenses" too. :) And, as you can see, the red is so strong in these that their opacity is very good - props for that! <3 

Then...
The pictures.
These were taken on a semi cloudy day in June. 
Note: the house I live in nowadays doesn't have all the light conditions, for example white light is almost impossible to find in this house. I know, it sucks but it can't be helped. Thank you for understanding.


Very bad bathroom light.


White/yellowish light. Yeah, a hybrid, yippee.
Natural light, gazing through the window.
Indoors, with a flash.
Outdoors, looking into the sun. Excuse me the position of my eyes, I had to focus on quite many things at the same time.

Outdoors, back against the sun.

From the distance.


  • The colour is 8/10. It's very red as you can see; however I was hoping for a more vivid red. These have a little bit of that "Paint effect" going on but luckily not too much.
     
  • The design is 7/10. Perfect for some characters but I found it a bit... Boring, perhaps? Don't get me wrong, we need these kind of lenses too! Had the black stripes showed a bit more I could've given these 8/10 but now I stick to the 7/10.
     
  • The opacity is 10/10. I don't think that this one needs to be explained in any way. :'D
     
  • The comfort is... I'd say 8/10. Not the most comfortable lenses I've had but definitely not the worst either. Average comfort, I'd say.
     
  • The naturalness is 1/10. I don't think that this one needs to be explained either xD
     
  • The enlargement is around 5/10. If you're looking for red lenses for example for a western character I definitely recommend these. However, if you plan on cosplaying a character with moe eyes I don't think that these are the right choice. 



Well, here it is, yet another circle lens review~!
...and believe me, I have a shitload of these to write. I have 20+ pairs of lenses I should review. Well, at least it means some content for this blog xD I'll also start to make a new cosplay as soon as I get some money for the fabrics and the wig - especially the wig since it's going to be my first lace front wig and those aren't cheap, you know. 

Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on the social media or send me an email!

-Firith

1 kommentti:

  1. You're very welcome! :)

    I actually thought about doing a make-up test for Prussia (I don't intend to cosplay him in the near future but well, one can always practice doing make-up) and my another option was rasetsu!Sannan but in the end it seems like these lenses aren't suitable for them. These are a bit too intense and, how to put it, I'm looking for something more vibrant/lively for both of them.

    But well, these will be one of my first choices if I ever cosplay a vampire character with intense red eyes :D

    VastaaPoista