tiistai 25. kesäkuuta 2019

Some WIP pics and Yukicon 2019!

I'm so, so late with this post again, sorry about that. 

Originally I was supposed to write a separate WIP post about Alex Cloudmill's riding gear but shitty scheduling happened and I didn't have that much time to take WIP pics. :/ Luckily I managed to get some. Well, here's the reference picture:






As you can see, this is just a concept art and thus I have no idea if the costume will be the exact same in the game. Anyway, this was my reference picture (which I screenshot from Star Stable Online's Instagram account).
The costume is still missing some of the details, for example the belt and wool socks - I simply didn't have time for those.
I just want to thank my grandmother and godmother who gave me wonderful advice and prevented my sanity jumping out of the window. <3

Here are the pictures - I'll just leave them here since I don't have much to say about making this costume, except that it was kind of hard to make. ESPECIALLY FUNCTIONING RIDING PANTS FFS. It may look simple but trust me, especially the shirt was just a big puzzle at first :'D Sadly I don't have WIP pics of it. :c









And then: Yukicon 2019!

I begun my journey towards Hyvinkää on Friday, day before the actual convention. I had already decided to spend just one day at Yukicon since, well, I've been there quite many times and I have a feeling that I've pretty much seen it all... But despite that, this Yukicon was one of the best cons I've attended!

I stayed at Merezone's place since we had decided to host a lecture/panel about Star Stable Online and, well, it turned out to be a good idea that I spent the night at her place; you see, I had been in quite a hurry with making the lecture and... Well, when we opened it in PowerPoint it didn't look that good thank you so much LibreOffice. After an hour or so we were finally happy with how the lecture looked like visually so we could do something more important: play Detroit: Become Human. And I became addicted to it. :'D
We slept way too little but both of us managed to wake up in time. You know that feeling you can only describe as "a morning hangover"? If you know, then you know exactly how I felt while putting on my costume. Luckily Alex doesn't require that much make-up so dressing up as her was quite quick.

...pretty good thing since we left Merezone's apartment in a little hurry but we managed to catch our train and, in the end, weren't even about to miss it. Woop woop.

When we arrived at Pasila we walked our way to Kokoustamo and saw this growing queue of people who wanted to get in. I don't blame them, it was fairly cold outside. For a while we wondered if we should get in the line too but in the end we understood that people who worked for the con in one way or another could get past the queue and that's exactly what we did.
Inside we just went to fetch our panel holder badges (and Merezone fetched her AMV competition finalist badge too, of course) and then we went to wait for the opening ceremony of the con to begin. Truth to be told I hadn't been in any of those opening ceremonies before so it was quite interesting to go there. In the beginning of the ceremony I felt a little bit nauseous but luckily that feeling passed quite soon.

Our panel/lecture went very well! <3 Merezone also recorded it for her YouTube channel so here's the video! NOTE: we held the panel/lecture in Finnish since holding a panel in English is out of question at least for now. 


There you go!

After the lecture we went to eat something - we had access to the Green Room so we didn't have to take a walk any farther than that. We (or at least I) got something to eat and drink, and then we started talking about photographing our costumes. We checked the clock and we had some time before the AMV meeting was supposed to start - yes, I attended it even though I don't make anime music videos. Had fun there though, saw a couple of familiar faces which surprised me positively! :)

But, the photos. Here you go.

Characters: Alex Cloudmill and Linda Chanda
Series: Star Stable Online/Starshine Legacy
Cosplayers: yours truly and Merezone
Photographer: btloov (find him on Instagram and YouTube )





"I would give anything to bring her back to life..."

"Together 'til the end."
 
Linda doesn't approve Alex's new style, apparently.


"Luckily there's always Aideen's wisdom to guide us."
After the photoshoot (I froze my ass off) we went to the AMV meeting and pretty soon after that I was ready to get out of cosplay since my train back home was about to leave in an hour to so. When I went to change to casual outfit I bumped into Trixena from whom I bought Soul Calibur VI. She didn't need it, I felt like I definitely needed it in my life - problem solved!
We chatted for a little while before I had to leave and I left in quite a rush. The train station of Pasila isn't that familiar to me so it took a little while to figure out from which track my train would leave. In the end I found the right track and pretty soon the train arrived to bring me back home.

So, Yukicon 2019 was definitely worth visiting and I was very sad to hear that the event won't be held again, at least not as big event as it used to be. So, thank you Yukicon for many, many good years! <3

I have no idea which con I will attend next or which costume I'll make. I have a few costume ideas, for example Belle French from Once Upon a Time (and Zelena from the same series) but I have no idea if I'll make those costumes this year or not.
But I'll try to become more active here again~! I also got my photoshoot pictures from last Eura's Manga Day which, unfortunately, won't be organized this year at all but I have a good reason for that so yeah, maybe in the future!

...did you really think that there weren't any derp shots among the good photoshoot pictures? Well, if you thought so you were definitely wrong. Here they are! :'D



My gaze is so maniac in this picture... I don't even.
I was supposed to look like I was trying to hold back tears, not sneeze! XD
I tried to take a selfie at the opening ceremony. Seems like jansutti (the one with pink wig) noticed it xD

2 kommenttia:

  1. Thank you! <3 And yes, I'm quite happy how the pants turned out to look like, they were just one big pain in the ass to make xD

    Yeah, we got everything in order before the showtime... In the end even though we had a couple of those "this isn't gonna work" panic moments :'D Oh, the morning lag...

    I really hope so too - they've said that Yukicon won't be as big event as it has been for a few years now but I'm seriously hoping that they will still host it. It really would be sad, especially when they've quite recently become one of the cons people really want to attend :/ But we will see, and I'm sure that the people behind Yukicon have come to this decision after hours of thinking about what to do so it means that it must be the best decision, at least at the moment. But we'll see in the future what will actually happen. :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Mostly pain-in-the-ass pattern, the fabric was very nice to sew but those striped things were a true pain in the ass to attach to the trousers - you see, I had to attach them after sewing the trouser legs. That was horrible. :'D

    I'll keep you informed if anything important comes up - I'm keeping my eye on their social medias. :) And yes, I totally agree; if the quality is good, smaller-sized convention is okay.

    VastaaPoista