lauantai 24. kesäkuuta 2017

Circle lens review: TheDollyEye Lucidae Green

Hello~!

And I'm sorry that my blog has been so dead again for a while... *deep sigh* I haven't been able to work on my cosplays at all because, well, I go to work five days a week and my shifts have been at least 10,5 hours long so... Yeah. My eyes have been very tired too - when I've tried to put circle lenses in them it has felt like someone tried to cut my eyes with a knife. :I

But I managed to get pics for this one - let me introduce you TheDollyEye Lucidae Green circle lenses~!

Note: I got these lenses from a friend who doesn't wear any fancy/unnatural looking contact lenses anymore. These lenses were expired when I put these into my eyes (I only took the pics, I don't want to destroy my eyes any further) and that's why it's impossible to grade the comfort. Thank you.

Let's get started!

(The first three pics © Shiro Samurai, thank you very much!) 


The vials of the lenses.


The lenses in their vials.


Base curve: 8,6 mm
Diameter: 14,5 mm
Water content: 42 %
Life span: 1 year

Inserting these was quite easy - these didn't curl around my finger or anything. I didn't even feel them in my eyes as much as I had expected to feel them! o__o 
After opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) irritates my eyes a lot. I have no idea if it does the same to you but I definitely don't recommend testing it. 


One lens in to show you the enlargement.
Well, these are not very enlarging but I have to say that I wouldn't wear these for any cosplay anyway; in my opinion these would go for different alternative styles, such as goth and punk rocker. In other words: if you want to cosplay a moe character, don't pick these lenses. 

Can't say anything about the comfort, really :/ 

I fell in love with the design the instant I saw these - the first two words that came into my mind were "mystic" and "magical".  There are darker and lighter shades of green which make these lenses look very lively and vivid. The spiderweb-like black decorations boost the magical look of these beauties~
The black limbal ring isn't that thick but I think that it's better the way it is. I'm not quite sure if this kind of design would work for the "moe eyes" lenses.
The color blends quite well with my natural light eye colour (grey/blue/green) - even though my natural eye colour shines through quite clearly in some lights. In most lights these look clearly green though (why do I think about forest?)! 


But now, lens photos~!

These were taken by me in May during a sunny evening.
Close-up photos aren't edited in any way.

Outdoors, facing the evening sun.

Outdoors, back against the light.

Indoors, bathroom light.

Indoors, under the fluorescent lamp.

Indoors, natural light through the window.

Indoors, with a flash.

Indoors, yellowish light. 
From a distance.


  • I would rate the color 8/10 - very lively and beautiful green~! 

  • The design is 10/10 - I just love these kind of lenses! <3 The design makes me think about mysteries and magic. 

  • The opacity is 8/10. In most lights these are clearly green, in some lights my own eye colour shines through quite clearly. 

  • Can't grade the comfort.

  • The naturalness is 5/10 - I mean, how many people have spiderweb-like details in their eyes? :DD The colour, however, looks quite natural, and the lenses aren't too enlarging.


I'll try to become more active in this blog again - there's just the problem called "I have no time"... Well, I decided to start to work on a quite simple cosplay - wait for the WIPs and circle lens reviews~! ;) 


Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on social media or send me an email! 

-Firith

2 kommenttia:

  1. I'm glad you picked these lenses for review! I've been having them in the back of my mind as well (because of the pretty print!) and they do indeed look good on you. :) I was maybe expecting the color to be a tad brighter but at least one can say that it's pretty natural. xD

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yes, these lenses are just awesome - the print and colour are so lovely! <3 Thank you! :)

      The colour looks brighter in the vials indeed - but well, at least it is natural xD Could've worn these lenses more often had these not been already expired tbh.

      Poista