tiistai 23. toukokuuta 2017

Circle lens review: G&G Shinny Violet

Hellooo~!

Okay, this is my first time reviewing violet circle lenses - G&G Shinny Violet! These go by names G&G Puffy 3 Tone Violet and Barbie Puffy 3 Tones Violet also~
So, my first experience with G&G lenses wasn't very nice - G&G Natural Brown lenses caused me quite vulgar-looking bloodshot. And, sadly, these beauties aren't much better. I think that it's because of the bigger base-curve though; I didn't notice it before I had already ordered the lenses.

But now, the review~

The vials of the lenses.

The lenses in their vials.

Base curve: 8,9 mm
Diameter: 14,5 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year

I didn't feel these at all when I inserted these; they were actually one of the most comfortable ones I've put into my eyes during the time I've reviewed lenses. Well, when I did my make-up I sometimes felt a small sting when the lenses moved in my eyes but it was nothing too bad. 
After opening the vials I let these soak in the new solution over the night since the original solution (in the vials) irritates my eyes a lot. I have no idea if it does the same to you but I definitely don't recommend testing it. 

One lens in to show you the enlargement. 
Okay - moe eyes, that's what I thought when I inserted the first lens. These are more enlarging than I expected (according to the diameter). 

These have pretty much the same story than the other G&G lenses I own. These felt quite comfortable for those 4-5 hours I wore these but at some point they suddenly felt very dry and scratchy. When I took these off my eyes were bloodshot, once again. Remember: my eyes are quite sensitive and it seems like the lenses which have a base curve bigger than 8.6 mm are not suitable for my eyes so it might be one of the factors why these lenses felt uncomfortable in the end. Anyway, these didn't blur my vision as badly as my G&G Natural Brown lenses did. Actually I was able to see properly for the whole time. Not afterwards though.

The design of these lenses is quite beautiful in its own simple way. There are a few (I think that I spotted four) different shades of violet in these lenses and in the middle, surrounding the iris, is a brown asymmetric ring. I think that the ring surrounding the iris is there to help the lens color to blend with the natural eye color - which, in my case, doesn't happen since my eyes are a mixture of grey, blue and green (in other words: my eyes are light-colored). These look like they were designed for darker eyes but the design works pretty well in light eyes too! 
The limbal ring is semi-thick and it's colored dark grey, not black, For some reason I like that - black grey suits these lenses better. The design itself looks quite natural...

...meanwhile the color doesn't. Even though in some lights these look more grey than violet, they still look quite unnatural. 
The color is pretty lively thanks to the different shades of violet and these aren't as unnatural as some other lenses are (read: these don't have "I edited the color of my eyes on Paint" effect). These lenses aren't that pigmented either; I don't know if it's just me but I can see my own eye color through these quite easily. 

Some lens pictures! 

All of these © me during a sunny day in May.
Pics aren't edited in any way. 

Yellowish light.

Indoors, with a flash.

Indoors, natural light (gazing through the window).

Under the fluorescent lamp.

Bathroom light.

Outdoors, facing the sun. It was quite hard to keep my eyes open, sorry...

Outdoors, back against the sun.

From a distance.


  • The color is 7,5/10. It's vivid and beautiful violet - yet in some lights it has greyish shades. If you want "NOTICE ME I'M VIOLET" type of lenses, these are not for you. 

  • The design is 8/10. Pretty basic design, but the small details I mentioned (for example the brown asymmetrical ring) make these look lively. 

  • The opacity, in my opinion, is 7/10. In some lights it looks like my own eye color shines through a bit and, of course, it shows in the middle. Mainly the opacity is quite good. 

  • The comfort, sadly, is 3,5/10. The bloodshot was there once again, these felt very dry after wearing these just for a few hours. At least these didn't blur my vision as badly as my other G&G lenses have done by far. 

  • The naturalness is 2/10. The design is quite natural but hey, who has violet almost moe eyes by nature? :D 

  • The enlargement is 9/10. These make my eyes look quite huge, even though the diameter isn't that big.

And there it is, another (non-sponsored) circle lens review! ^__^
I'll try to become more active here again - I've actually bought fabrics and other stuff for my Keisuke Sannan cosplay and I have pretty many lenses to review (...and con summaries to publish, I'm almost two months late with those and three months late with one Krav Maga post...) so stay tuned!

By the way, got any questions? Ask in the comment box, send me an e-mail or contact me on social media! 

-Firith

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti