perjantai 6. tammikuuta 2023

Circle lens review: Pop C Dark Grey

Hello people!

This time I'm reviewing a dark lens - Pop C Dark Grey. To be honest I was quite excited to see how dark lenses would look like in my eyes; I've worn plenty of brown lenses but never dark grey or black. Well, less talk, more information and pictures - let's go! 

Important note: I got these lenses from a friend who lost interest in wearing and reviewing circle lenses. These lenses had a wrong prescription for me and I think that these were close to their expiration date/already expired so thus I can not grade the comfort. However, I will say a few words about the comfort in general - pretty much my first impression of these. Remember: wearing lenses that are past their expiration date/broken/have the wrong prescription for you is a dangerous thing to do and it can damage your eyes for good so seriously, don't do it. I wore these lenses for half an hour and then threw them away so I had these on only for this review. Thank you. 

This circle lens review is non-sponsored.

 

The lens vials.




The lenses in their vials.

Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 15.5 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year


I have to mention at this point that finding the basic information wasn't a task too easy; the base curve and diameter were mentioned in the vials but the water content and life span were not. I'm still not sure who is the manufacturer of these lenses but the best search result implied that these lenses would be manufactured by Dolly Eye so I used the basic information I found with those key words. I'm still not sure if this is the case so don't consider this to be the one and only truth - the vials and information otherwise matched so I assume this is the case but like I said, I can't be 100 % sure.

Inserting these was... An operation in itself. I hadn't worn circle lenses in ages so I had pretty much forgotten how to put them in my eyes. I recall these curling around my finger quite a lot but, then again, my finger was still moist because of the lens solution etc. so it might have played a part in this. The diameter is also quite large but the lens didn't look so big on my fingertip so I have to admit, I had problems to figure out how big the lenses actually were and thus failed to keep my eye open enough when inserting the lens. However, when I finally got these in my eyes they settled easily and were surprisingly comfortable to wear! They were a bit on the thick side though but it didn't really disturb me that much.


One lens in.
 

I have to say that even though the diameter is quite large these lenses don't look that big. There is some enlargement going on and these are definitely too big to look natural, but... Still. I was kind of expecting at least a small "moe eye effect" but as you can see it's not there, at least not in my opinion.

I like the design of these lenses a lot. It's quite simple and, to be honest, when the lenses were still in their vials I thought that these would look quite boring in my eyes. I assumed there wouldn't be much color; the almost black limbal ring surely caught my attention immediately when I saw these lenses but otherwise it looked like the lighter part of the lens would disappear in my natural eye color. However, when I put these into my eyes the effect was immediate - they gave my eyes this "dark, deep and mysterious" look and I love it!
This definitely is a dark lens - almost light black in my opinion! As you can see, my eyes are a mixture of light grey, blue and green (light grey being the dominant color) - in other words, I have light-colored eyes. I don't know how these lenses would look like in darker eyes but I think that the 'light grey' part blends with my natural eye color quite well making the lenses look slightly more natural than they actually are.

And now, the lens photos! Shiro Samurai was once again the one who took the pictures, thank you so much! ^^

The pictures were taken on a rather cloudy day in June 2021. These aren't filtered in any way, only their size has been changed since the original photos were quite big.
(Note: we took pictures of quite many lenses on the same day so the light conditions are going to be the same in the next few reviews too.)

 

Yellow roomlight.

 
Bathroom light.

With a flash.

Facing the window.


Back against the sun.

Facing the (clouded) sun.

From the distance.

  • I rate the color 8/10. It's definitely dark grey, in my eyes almost light black. However, had the color been a bit more vibrant it would have made the lenses a bit livelier.

  • The design deserves the same grade, 8/10. I seriously like it and it fits many different situations from cosplay to alternative fashion. It's not the most original design though - it's quite simple and someone could consider it even a bit boring.

  • The opacity is 7/10. My own eye color doesn't peak from behind the lenses that much and they also blend with my natural eye color very nicely.

  • I think that the naturalness is 4/10. The design makes them look more natural than they actually are - yet these could never be mistaken as my real eyes.

  • The enlargement is 6/10. There is some enlargement effect going on, however I expected more since the diameter implied these would be big lenses. Not claiming that these would be small lenses either, in my opinion something in between.

 

That's all for now!
Be prepared for a bunch of circle lens reviews in the future - they will be the main content of this blog for a while now so yeah, prepare for that.

Until next time.

- Firith


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti